Hey I’m Anthony, a full-remote engineer based in South Africa, a technology enthusiast who loves innovation, learning new stuff and well-designed products !
As a solutions architect, I build from the ground, review and upgrade innovative projects for big companies and start-ups helping them design their product with the best technologies for the perfect market fit. As an IoT & Android expert, I make hardware products communicate with mobile apps (BLE, NFC, LoRa…) for B2B or B2C purposes and deep dive in every part of it ! I also mentor people working in tech, so don’t hesitate to message me.
Throughout 7 years of experience in IoT, French Railways, start-ups & digital transformation, I built expertise in the fields of :
- Cloud architectures
- Mobile architecture (especially Android)
- Transport Ticketing
- Microcontrollers and its RF or wired communication protocols.
I have a very pragmatic approach for each project, make data talk, pay attention to every detail and document every decision/risk in order to deliver high quality code on-time.
Your project needs to be launched in 6 months rather than 1 year ? No problem, let’s talk about it !
- Active Listening, Problem solving, Attention to detail
- Stress and time management
- Team leadership, communication, building
- Ability to teach and mentor
- Agile methodologies and Lean
- Project management and planning, risk-taking
- Strategy, roadmap building
- Microservices, n-tier architecture, multi-tenant
- Twelve-factor app architecture
- 4+1 design, UML
- Java, Spring Boot, JPA
- Android Java7, Flutter, Kotlin
- Bash scripting, Python
- SQL: PostGreSQL, Oracle, SQLite3, MySQL
- NoSQL: Cassandra, Ignite, MongoDB, Redis
Tools & DevOps
- Cloud: Azure, AWS
- Container and its Orchestration: Rancher, Kubernetes, DC/OS (Mesos/Marathon), Docker, docker-compose
- Git: Gitlab, Bitbucket, Github
- CI/CD, code binary & quality: Jenkins, Gitlab CI/CD, Nexus, Sonarqube
- API Gateways, REST & gRPC, Swagger
- Identity: OAuth2, OIDC, SSO, n-factor authentifcation, FIDO, Keycloak
- Logging: Prometheus Grafana & ELK
- Transport Ticketing: Calypso 2, Intercode standard
Yesitis - CTO / Solution Architect
January 2017 - January 2020 | Clermont-Ferrand
As the first employee of this start-up, I built and managed the entire tech team (now ~10 persons) and dealt with every technology related-subject & partners. My main tasks were:
- Definition of the functional and technical roadmap, continuous technology watch (2 CES Awards and various prices won)
- MVP construction and backlogs prioritization, requirement gathering (internal, targeted clients…), sprint review and stories writing
- Management and recruitment of 4 developers/ops, 2 contractors
- Design and development of micro-services in high availability (>99.99% SLA)
- Deployment of CI/CD tools, adoption of its processes to minimize time to market
- Deployment of distributed systems on Microsoft Azure / on-premises with multiple datacenters across the world (Europe & China) and all IT supervision
- Definition of internal security basis, policies and guidelines (PKI & KMS HSM-ready)
- Benchmarking and installation of enterprise tools (ERP Odoo, Exchange, Office365, CRM, IT Asset management…) with highly optimized costs (<20€/user/mo).
- Pre-sales activities and solution design to meet customer needs
- Enterprise representation at several shows (CES, Vivatech, SidO…)
Sopra Steria - NFC ticketing solutions manager & Android Architect
January 2015 - February 2016 | Paris - Lille
At the SNCF ticketing service center, I was in charge of the:
- Development and industrialization of an NFC ticketing solution for Paris and its region in less than a year.
- Updates of the existing solutions:
- Definition of deliveries contents with the SNCF, planning, quotes, progress and final packaging with release notes
- Delivery integration and end-to-end tests
- Courses on ticketing for NFC smartphones
- Deployment of continuous integration and continuous deployment solutions
- Improvements on internal processes of the center and communication between the 2 sites (Paris & Lille)
Sopra Steria - Software developer
September 2013 - December 2014 | Paris
After a stimulating internship, I started to work as a Java software developer around smartcards and participated in the following projects:
- Development of a complete NFC transport ticketing system; Android app ‘SNCF TER NFC’ available in 6 regions
- Development of a parking management system with a working prototype composed of an Android app and NFC-enabled smartcards
Grenoble INP - Esisar, Engineering Degree (2013) – Specialized in embedded systems
École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Exchange semester (2012) in Electrical Engineering
- French: mother tongue
- English: fluent, C1
Available on request.